• Find out how VDOT keeps you moving with Smart Travel.
• CommuterPage.Com gives you commuting news and information.
• Commuter Connections offers assistance in the Washington, D.C., region.
• HOV lanes are one of the best ways to make your commute easier. Learn more about how and when to use them, plus find out how to start or join a carpool.
• Virginia rideshare agencies can help you find a carpool or get public transportation schedules.
• The RideGuide lets you plan your commute using Metrobus and Metrorail so you can leave the driving to someone else.
Other Commuter Links
E-ZPass automated toll collection
Virginia Railway Express
DASH- Alexandria’s local bus service
Fairfax County Department of Transportation
Loudoun County Office of Transportation Services
Prince William County Transportation Systems
Washington Metropolitan Area Transportation Authority – MetroRail and MetroBus
Bicycling to Work in the Washington Area
Emergency Preparedness Resources
Park and Ride (Slugging) Commuter Lots
Bike to Work Day
Arlington County Commuter Bicycling and Walking Page
City of Alexandria, Recreation Facilities and Trails Map
City of Falls Church – Bicycle Route
Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA)
Metro’s Bike ‘N Ride Program
Bicycling and Bikesharing Resources
• Read about Northern Virginia projects and plans.
Traffic and Weather
• View the road conditions map for road conditions and construction delays on Northern Virginia highways.
• Traffic cameras let you see road conditions before you get into your car.
• Evacuation: VDOT works with localities in Northern Virginia in developing incident plans that include appropriate evacuation routes in the event of an emergency. Should an event occur, you should tune to your emergency alert system radio or TV station for the latest information. For a list of stations, click here.
• Read about upcoming road closures and traffic alerts